Friday, January 6, 2012

Appendix S

S is for "short attention span".

If you need to explain quickly what playing D&D is like to a clueless party, then I have found some entirely perfect links:

Adventure Time Episode 18 "Dungeon" (hit "continue as free user" after a few seconds)
A boy and his talking dog go into a dangerhole in order to overcome a self-imposed challenge and are aided by a very impatient pink-haired princess.

The parallels with my own game and existence are terrifying.

There is almost nothing in this that is not exactly like D&D.

This is what everything else about D&D, besides playing D&D, is like.



Bonus utility: Next time some smarthole asks you what brand of Fantasy Adventure Literature exactly is D&D meant to be simulating send them right here.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Adventure Time is brilliant. I have laughed myself into hysteria on many occasion over just the first episode.

I also seem to remember seeing that particular episode of the Powerpuff girls. Terrifying.

biopunk said...

Works for me.

huth said...

And you're walking... and...

huth said...

Seriously, though, the cat is the most brilliant monster ever.

arcadayn said...

Thanks for the Adventure Time link. We ditched the dish last year, so this is the first time I've been able to see what everyone is talking about. Now I must find more...

scrap princess said...

and the lesson is "don't split the party"

Black Vulmea said...

Phineas and Ferb do D&D, too.